Alabama Hill is primarily a residential neighborhood with single family homes built in the 1960’s and 1970’s. Alabama Hill is home to about 3,000 people, there are about 1,200 housing units in this neighborhood and most feature a contemporary design with views of the bay and city. Some common features of Alabama Hill are broad, curved streets and cul-de-sacs, making it an ideal neighborhood for families with children.
Whatcom Falls Park at the south end of Alabama Hill provides a wide range of recreational opportunities in this neighborhood. St. Clair Park and Highland Heights Park are neighborhood parks with recreation facilities primarily for grade school children but can provide fun for the whole family. The Railroad Trail features a multi-use trail and greenway corridor with a safe overpass of Alabama Street and connection to Whatcom Creek Trail as well.
- Western Washington University
- Bellingham Technical College
- Whatcom Community College
- Bellingham School District has 22 public schools, for more information, visit http://bellinghamschools.org/
Semi Boring Facts About Alabama Hill:
- Alabama Hill Population: 2,801
- Number of households: 1,132
- Median Home Sold Price In Bellingham: $353,970
- Median Family Income In Bellingham: $63,988