The Meridian Neighborhood is located in the northern area of Bellingham and is between the Cordata Neighborhood and King Mountain Neighborhood. The Meridian Neighborhood contains a combination of Commercial, Industrial, and Residential land, with much of the commercial and industrial zoned properties having been there since the neighborhood’s beginning.
Also located in the Meridian Neighborhood is Bellis Fair Mall. Built in the late 1980’s, Bellis Fair attracts people from all over, including Canadians from across the border. Many more attractions can be can be found across Meridian St including Restaurants, specialty stores, bookstores, hardware stores, etc.
Whatcom Community College is another significant part of the Meridian Neighborhood, because of the presence of the college, multi-family housing units such as apartments and condominiums are very popular in this area.
- Western Washington University
- Bellingham Technical College
- Whatcom Community College
- Bellingham School District has 22 public schools, for more information, visit http://bellinghamschools.org/
Semi Boring Facts About Cordata:
- Population: 1,567
- Median Home Price: $259,700
- Median Family Income: $42,613
- Number of Households: 854